The East Africa Centre for Vaccines and Immunization (ECAVI) maintains a list of an advisory team of experts who volunteer advisory opinion or guidance from time to time when called upon. They do not sit on the Board or make decisions or influence operations of the day to day running of activities of ECAVI. They upon request/invitation provide voluntary advice and opinion based on their expertise and knowledge on vaccinology, immunization and (child) health matters in the Eastern Africa region.
The ECAVI Advisory Team of Experts include:
1. UGANDA – Dr. Sabrina Bakeera-Kitaka – Senior Lecturer, Makerere University
2. UGANDA – Dr. Edison Mworozi – Senior Consultant Paediatrician Mulago Hospital & Honorary Lecturer, Makerere University.
3. UGANDA – Dr. Nantulya Florence – Senior Consultant Paediatrician, Nakasero Hospital, Kampala
4. KENYA – Dr. Kigen Barnabas – Lecturer, Moi University
5. KENYA – Dr. Eric Sagwa – Strategic Relations & Health Systems expert
6. KENYA – Dr. Lawrence Owino Okong’o – Paediatric Rheumatologist & Lecturer, University of Nairobi
7.TANZANIA – Dr. Nahya Salim Masoud – Lecturer, Muhimbili University (MUHAS)
8. TANZANIA – Dr. Adolphine Alban Hokororo – Consultant Paediatrician & Lecturer, Catholic University of Health and Allied Sciences, Mwanza Tanzania.
9. RWANDA – Dr. Orikiriiza Judith – Consultant Paediatrician, Rwanda Military Hospital and Honorary Lecturer, University of Rwanda.
10.LONDON, UK – Dr. Patience Nalubega Kimera – Consultant Paediatrician
11.UGANDA – Dr. Munube Deo – Consultant Paediatrician Mulago Hospital & Honorary Lecturer, Makerere University.
12. UGANDA – Dr. Rose Nazziwa – Consultant Paediatrician, Kisubi Hospital, Entebbe.
13. KENYA – Dr. Wesley Too- Dean, Faculty of Health Sciences, Kabarak University